an interest: un intérêt (financier ou non)
to be interested in (ping-pong): être intéressé par (le ping-pong)
UK: I see you’re wearing a Che Guevara T-shirt – are you interested in politics?
US: Not really. Fashion is my main interest.
- « I would like to formally express my interest in this position, for which I feel I am well qualified.«
- « Social Psychology INTERESTS«
- « Excellent people skills (good with animals, too!) INTERESTS«
- « Obviously your resumé piqued my interest.«
- « Fat Face Sal : And last but not least, representing our interests in Marseilles, Giovanni, a.«
- « Hannah looks after Delavigne’s interests in retail outlets and points of sale.«
- « The press will soon lose interest in this story.«
- « You think you’re going to go far in life with those interests?«
- « A president can’t use his power to further his own interests, or the interests of his family or friends or even the man he’s madly in love with.«
- « I read your CV with interest, but I’m afraid to say we have no suitable vacancies at present.«