a hundred: cent
There were about two hundred people at the wedding. Il y avait environ deux cents personnes au mariage.
hundreds (and hundreds): des centaines (et des centaines)
There are hundreds of people in the audience. Il y a des centaines de spectateurs.
- « That’s one hundred and thirty five years of pension payments!«
- « The company, at the center of hundreds of scandals in the last 10 years, ranging from illegal bear hunts to monkey abuse to laboratory explosions, just can’t seem to get their act together.«
- « Industrial Fruit Concern Inc. has stated that if they acquire the juice business, they plan to completely change the company culture and business model, create hundreds of soulless storefronts across the world, and pretty much ruin everything that made it unique.«
- « One million, four hundred and fifty-six thousand, eight hundred and ninety-five!«
- « With just a few minor tweaks and several hundred billable hours, we are fairly certain that the Delavigne Corporation can restore its reputation at least for a few months – that’s the Slick Brand Solutions guarantee*.«
- « Edward : All I have is a hundred.«
- « Friday : To finish the week in style, our twisted tycoon was seen burning hundred dollar bills to light Cuban cigars in a Las Vegas night club.«
- « We’ve seen alligators eating crocodiles, five hundred dancing ladyboys, Elvis, a dodo, and lots more.«